A moist apple cake that makes the whole house smell delicious! This cake stores well and is quite easy to make.
Ready in 45 mins
- 2 eggs
- 250ml vegetable oil
- 200g dark sugar
- 275g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – if liked
- 500g cored, peeled and diced apple
Prep: 15 mins |Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Lightly grease and flour a 20x30cm cake tin.
2. Beat vegetable oil and eggs until foamy. Add the sugar, flour, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda, salt and vanilla; mix well. Stir in the diced apples. Spoon mixture into prepared tin (it will be very thick).
3. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Cool cake in tin for 10 minutes before removing.